Friday, September 11, 2009

my little platform

As we try to figure out our new problem with downloading photos from the camera, I bring you some picture-free content in the form of a couple interesting articles:

This one, I just read this morning, is Michael Pollan's op-ed piece in the New York Times bringing the huge yet under-noticed issue of food into the national conversation on health care. He cites a study that explains why our health care costs are the highest in the world: it's the great American diet (surprise!). A plan to lower health care costs must include food industry reform, folks. I think we all know where I stand on this issue.

And this one is very long, but riveting, and very disturbing, but important. I don't even know what to say about it except that if you care about capital punishment, no matter which side you're on, I think you should read it.

Thanks for listening. Regular blogging to resume as soon as we get these technical problems solved.

1 comment:

heather said...

technical problems strike again! I feel like I battle them more often than not. For every bit technology improves things, sometimes it's SOOO frustrating too. Good luck!