Friday, June 12, 2009

random sweet stories


We had my little 12-month-old niece visiting last week. A few times she cried, and Sam ran to get a washcloth to wipe the "water" off her face.

When she would drop something, Sam would pick it up and say "That's ok!"

Yesterday before nap, Sam and I were saying nightnight, and we hugged and I said "I love you Sam." Then, for the first time, Sam said "I lub you Mommy." (This was the first time it really seemed to come from the heart rather than just repeating what I said to him, which he has done before.)

Tonight at dinner I bumped the table and jostled the glasses. Startled, I said "Oh! I am so sorry!" Sam said, "That's ok Mommy!"

Also at dinner tonight, Sam said to me,
Know what Mommy?
Me: What?
Sam: Know what?
Me: What Sam?
Sam: Know what?
Me: What?
Sam: Know what?
Me: Sam, when you say Know what? and then I say What? then you're supposed to tell me something cool.
Sam: (...thinking...)
Sam: Know what Mommy?
Me: What Sam?
Sam: Daddy's here.
Me: Oh! That is cool! We like it when Daddy's here, don't we.
Sam: Know what?
Me: What?
Sam: Daddy's right over there.

No comments: